Friday, June 12, 2015

Getting into a groove

Sometimes something happens to a crafter. You get into this groove where all you want to make is this type of thing. And it is a good thing.. but your brain is frying with just DO THIS and only this. It can also be a time of great creation or frustration for the crafter. I am lucky this time I am in a good groove.

Yet I have to be mindful that I don't spin out. So walking away even while in that groove is a good thing. Work for a few hours... then clean house. Go shopping. Take in a movie or read a few chapters in a book. What ever works to get your brain off the project at hand with out fully distracting you from it so the groove is killed.

My groove is Dragon Scale right now. While I prefer working in stainless steel, as i said before, I am currently working in anodized aluminum. You can play with the colors and what have you in interesting ways. For example I did this as a custom order for a friend:





Full Rainbow Dragonscale inlay.











 I just finished this one which is a bright silver with a bronze colored inlay. Both rings are Anodized aluminum.










Dragonscale is a fun weave and has an interesting texture. This is the new one I am working on.

Its a gradation of a pink lavander and icy blue tones. Please ignore the silver on silver at the bottom that was just to start it and will be removed later on down the stage.















So tell me, what do you like to get your groove with?

-Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment